Thursday, April 30, 2015

Billy Smith 3D Generalist/Compositor Resume

Billy Smith
Vancouver, BC V5T - 3R4

billyvfx@gmail.com - 604 - 369 - 5364

3D Generalist/Compositor
 

I am a 3D generalist and Compositor. My skill sets are best in FX and particle animation and modeling along with standard

compositing and rotoscoping. I have a keen eye for identifying rendering artifacts and perspective slides as

well as maintaining proportion with in my comps and projects. I enjoy 3D animation (FX and Maya character

animation), sculpting in Zbrush and compositing with both After Effects and Nuke.

WORK EXPERIENCE

Stereo Depth Compositor
Gener8 Digital Media Corps - Vancouver, BC - June 2014 to Present

Responsibilities

As Stereo Depth Compositor at Gener8 I am responsible for applying 3D Projection Maps to 3D models,

animate FX and sculpt proportionate volume and disparity in the containing scene. I use Primatte to pull keys

for reflections, smoke, sparks etc. I use Nuke for finalizing and clean plating to construct clean edges and

create seamless FX integration with Maya 2015 for shot layout and animation.

Skills Used

3D Projection Mapping, Nuke Compositing, Maya Animation, Time offset key framing, Mattes, Geometry and

Rotoscope Manipulation. Clean plating.

Stereo Depth Artist/3D Generalist
Legend 3D Inc - Carlsbad, CA - August 2012 to June 2014

Responsibilities

At Legend 3D I am a Stereo Depth Artist and 3D Generalist, I am the first process of the 2D to 3D conversion

process. I analyze the footage for my shot assigned and identify every element in the scene. Next I build

the scene with 3D models and animate them across the shot with correct proportion and scale. Fast moving

objects are tracked in with Nuke for accuracy.

Accomplishments

I am known as a stereoscopic bulldozer with my producers, I have a reputation of accomplishing and accurately

finishing any shot or job assigned to me. I have picked up and learned their process very fast and am proud

to stand by my work. My best work has been with Man of Steel that we converted in 2013.

Projects worked at Legend 3D:

Transformers Dark of the moon

Little Mermaid 3D

Man of Steel

Smurfs 2

The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Lego The Movie

Shrek

Alice in Wonderland

Skills Used

High professionalism and a warm heart. Rotoscoping, Modeling and Depth Mapping for video. Match moving.

Graphic Artist
Trade-Ideas LLC - Encinitas, CA - June 2010 to June 2012

As Graphic Artist at Trade Ideas I am responsible for the promotion and interface design of stock trading

software Trade Ideas Pro. I do a wide range of work from recording software tutorials to animating web

advertisements to promote the software. Advertising, Graphic Design, interface design and ad creation for

software products and packages. Banners etc, animated and static.

Tasks performed:

-Website/Company re-branding; Graphic Creation.

-Screen capture interactive video tutorials for stock trading software Trade-Ideas Pro.

-Video encoding and compression for animated splash screens, tutorials and presentations.

-Video conversion and script creation for software tutorials for Trade-Ideas Pro.

-Video editing with Final Cut.

-3D modeling and rendering, Graphic Design.

-Internet marketing.

EDUCATION

Bachelors of Science in Media Arts and Animation
Art Institute of California - San Diego, CA

2006 to 2010

Embry Riddle Aeronautical University - Daytona Beach, FL

2000 to 2003

SKILLS

3 years experience working in the motion picture industry Stereo Compositing, working in a fast pace studio

environment editing previously worked shots with Director notes. Knowledge of 3D projection with geo, clean

plating, rotoscoping, time offset key framing, and motion blur and hair treatment.

LINKS

http://billyvfxv.blogspot.ca/2012/05/3d-modeling-and-effects.html

MILITARY SERVICE

Service Country: United States

Branch: United States Air Force

Rank: E-4 Senior Airman

September 1999 to March 2003

Aircraft Mechanic on C-130E Hercules.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

Computer Skills are:

Linux.

Mocha.

Nuke.

Maya.

3Ds Max.

Adobe Photoshop.

Adobe After Effects.

Adobe Illustrator.

Adobe InDesign.

Zbrush

UV Layout Pro.

Final Cut.


No comments:

Post a Comment