Thursday, April 30, 2015

Liv Studios Cover Letter

04/30/2015

Live Studios

CG Compositor/FX Artist

Dear Liv Studios,

I am pleased and very excited to learn about the current job opening for CG Compositor/FX Artist at Liv Studios in Vancouver BC. Look no further, I am you guy. I currently work for Gener8 Digital Media Corps in Vancouver BC as a Stereo Compositor. I am applying for this job because I am contract based at Gener8 and seeking new and exciting opportunities as I do every year. I would make a fantastic fit to the company and be a very valuable employee as our work flows are similar. At Gener8 I do 3D projection mapping to convert 2D movies into stereo 3D. I work with a rotoscope department, matchmove department and modelers. I am reponsible for applying the 3D projection as textures on the geo and animating them across the scene, then I quickly composite effects and clean edges followed by cleanplating the scene to enhance the 3D projection. I have 5 years of professional experience with three of those years in feature film. Biggest projects are Jupiter Accending, Man of Steel and Transformers.

I moved here from San Diego California a year ago, I do require a work permit but I pay for those myself and in June I qualify to start the application process for permanent residency. I absolutly love Vancouver and its a great place for an artist to work and create.

Thank you for taking time to read this, I am very excited about this opportunity and look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Billy Smith 604-369-5364

billyvfx@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment